HDLoader game installer tool (HDLGameInstaller)
Update 2018/06/18: HDLGameInstaller v0.816 re-released!
Update 2018/06/12: HDLGameInstaller v0.816 re-released!
Update 2018/06/09: HDLGameInstaller v0.816 released!
Update 2018/06/04: HDLGameInstaller v0.815 released!
Update 2018/05/31: HDLGameInstaller v0.814C released!
Update 2018/05/29: HDLGameInstaller v0.814B released!
Update 2018/05/28: HDLGameInstaller v0.814A released - with PC client update
Update 2018/05/27: HDLGameInstaller v0.814A released - with PC client update
Update 2018/05/26: HDLGameInstaller v0.814A released!
Update 2018/05/23: HDLGameInstaller v0.814 released!
Update 2017/02/26: HDLGameInstaller v0.813 released!
Update 2017/02/19: HDLGameInstaller v0.812 released!
Update 2017/02/11: HDLGameInstaller v0.811 released!
Update 2017/02/04: HDLGameInstaller v0.810 released!
Update 2016/09/24: HDLGameInstaller v0.809A released!
Update 2015/12/16: HDLGameInstaller v0.809 released!
Update 2014/06/23: HDLGameInstaller v0.808 released!
Update 2013/08/25: HDLGameInstaller v0.807 released!
Update 2013/08/04: HDLGameInstaller v0.806 released! (Critical bugfix)
Update 2013/08/01: HDLGameInstaller v0.805R released! (Performance update)
Update 2013/07/25: HDLGameUpdater v0.800 (for HDLGameInstaller v0.805) released!
Update 2013/07/23: v0.805 released.
Update 2013/07/19 02:22: v0.804 re-released - stability fix.
Update 2013/07/18: v0.804 released - contains network functionality enhancements.
Update 2013/07/17: v0.803 released - contains network functionality enhancements.
Update 2013/07/14 22:17: HDLGManClient for HDLGameInstaller v0.800+ readded.
Update 2013/07/14: v0.802 released - minor bugfix.
Update 2013/07/12: v0.801 released - includes network support fix.
Update 2013/07/11 03:19: Added a translation template.
Update 2013/07/11 02:09: Initial public release, with minor fix. Please re-download if you downloaded before I re-released it!
The HDLoader game installer allows the user to install PlayStation 2 games onto the installed Harddisk Drive, for direct booting with the HDDOSD (Browser v2.00 update).
It can also be used as an alternative to HDLDump, as this software does not use the HDLDump protocol and hence entirely uses TCP for data transfer. This means that unlike HDLDump, it's more reliable.
It has the following features:
- Installs all PlayStation 2 games from the CD/DVD drive.
- Installs all PlayStation 2 games remotely from a PC, over a network.
- Installed games can be booted directly from the HDDOSD.
- Allows the user to manage games locally on the PlayStation 2 console itself.
- Allows the user to manage games remotely from a PC, over a network.
- Network performance uses the latest ethernet modules from the PS2SDK, giving about 4MB/s.
- Allows the user to specify the savedata icon to use with the game.
- Supports games >4GB and DVD-DL games.
- Game list can be sorted alphabetically (controlled from the PlayStation 2).
- Supports the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), for easy set up.
Settings are now saved into the HDLGameInstaller save data folder:
Notes on network support:
- HDLGameInstaller now maintains its own network configuration file on the HDD unit.
- If you have not configured HDLGameInstaller before, your existing homebrew network settings will be automatically imported from IPCONFIG.DAT.
- Network settings can now be configured from the Options menu.
- Please ensure that TCP ports 45061 and 45062 are allowed in your network.
HDLGameInstaller may be installed (copied) onto and can be booted from:
- USB Mass Storage Devices.
- Only USB disks are supported.
- Multi-function devices are not supported.
- Disk must have only one partition. Otherwise, the first partition will be accessed.
- PlayStation 2 HDD Unit.
- The icon preview does not totally right. I don't have the knowledge nor resources to commit towards fixing it up. Someone else will have to solve this, sorry.
- The UI isn't the nicest one, but it works.
- No Japanese input support on the PS2 installer's end.
- DVD9 games are supported from the PC client only, as the CDVDMAN module within the boot ROMs of all consoles does not support DVD9 layer 1.
- Not compatible with the APAEXT partitioning scheme (i.e. ToxicOS).
!!!Do not use this software with a disk formatted with that scheme or data loss will occur!!!
- As the variable-width font may result in an uneven number of characters being displayed on the screen as a line is scrolled,
the user may observe that the cursor might jump back by one place while scrolling. This is not a bug.
- Improved rendering of button labels between half-width and full-width characters.
- Fixed freeze when network connection is unavailable.
- Updated PFS to correct creation of "Your Saves" folder.
- Fixed save-file generation.
- Settings will be automatically saved once the defaults are loaded, if the user never saved the settings before.
- Improved network performance.
- NEW! - Re-released with the corrected PFS and USBHDFSD modules.
- NEW(ER)! - Re-released with the corrected PFS module, to allow the configuration file to be saved correctly.
Other devices are not supported.
Changelog for v0.816
Changelog for the PC client
For more information on supported languages, click here. A template for translating this software is provided in the downloads section of this page.
|Japanese||Partially translated. Unassigned.|
|English||Completed and built-in.|
|French||Translated by DaSA.|
|Spanish||Translated by ElPatas.|
|German||Translated by Delta_force.|
|Italian||Translated by master991.|
|Dutch||Translated by an anonymous person.|
|Portuguese||Translated by GillBert.|
What is HDLGManClient?
HDLGameInstaller allows the user to install and manage PlayStation 2 games. This can be done either with the PlayStation 2 console itself or remotely over the network with a PC.
HDLGManClient is the PC client that allows the user to connect to HDLGameInstaller, when it's left running on the user's PlayStation 2 console.
What is HDLGameUpdater?
The HDLoader game updater automatically updates the bootstrap program of all your HDLoader games (the program which makes these games bootable from the HDD OSD/browser updater v2.00, aka Mini OPL/Diskload).
This software will not automatically make games which are not already bootable, bootable.
The current version is meant to be used for updating your games to have the same bootstrap program as the one installed by latest version of HDLGameInstaller.
HDLGameInstaller v0.816 + PC client, updated 2018/06/18: http://www.mediafire.com/file/blmzoawzo9nnw28/%5B180618%5DHDLGameInstaller-0816-bin.7z
HDLGameInstaller (Source code): http://www.mediafire.com/file/x29rz6k41gwjpse/%5B180609%5DHDLGameInstaller.7z
PC client (Source code): http://www.mediafire.com/file/hi2g1u24g6z2n48/%5B180604%5DHDLGManClient.7z
Diskload/Mini OPL (source code): http://www.mediafire.com/download/semxvoje5h804se/%5B151216%5DDISKLOAD.7z
Translation template for v0.815+ (for translators): http://www.mediafire.com/file/az43i9buckfb39p/%5B180604%5DHDLGameInstaller%20-%20translation%20template.7z
HDLGameUpdater v0.801R for HDLGameInstaller v0.809+ (for users upgrading from versions before v0.809): http://www.mediafire.com/download/5fh2menzrrrh2ls/%5B151216%5DHDLGameUpdater-0809-bin.7z
HDLGameUpdater v0.801R (source code): http://www.mediafire.com/download/c9phh363afrtqav/%5B151216%5DHDLGameUpdater.7z
As usual, please do not hotlink to the file as the link/filename will change with every release.