HDLoader game installer tool (HDLGameInstaller)
Update 2015/12/16: HDLGameInstaller v0.809 released!
Update 2014/06/23: HDLGameInstaller v0.808 re-released!
Update 2014/06/23: HDLGameInstaller v0.808 released!
Update 2013/08/25: HDLGameInstaller v0.807 released!
Update 2013/08/04: HDLGameInstaller v0.806 released! (Critical bugfix)
Update 2013/08/01: HDLGameInstaller v0.805R released! (Performance update)
Update 2013/07/25: HDLGameUpdater v0.800 (for HDLGameInstaller v0.805) released!
Update 2013/07/23: v0.805 released.
Update 2013/07/19 02:22: v0.804 re-released - stability fix.
Update 2013/07/18: v0.804 released - contains network functionality enhancements.
Update 2013/07/17: v0.803 released - contains network functionality enhancements.
Update 2013/07/14 22:17: HDLGManClient for HDLGameInstaller v0.800+ readded.
Update 2013/07/14: v0.802 released - minor bugfix.
Update 2013/07/12: v0.801 released - includes network support fix.
Update 2013/07/11 03:19: Added a translation template.
Update 2013/07/11 02:09: Initial public release, with minor fix. Please re-download if you downloaded before I re-released it!
The HDLoader game installer allows the user to install PlayStation 2 games onto the installed Harddisk Drive, for direct booting with the HDDOSD (Browser v2.00 update).
It can also be used as an alternative to HDLDump, as this software does not use the HDLDump protocol and hence entirely uses TCP for data transfer. This means that unlike HDLDump, it's more reliable.
It has the following features:
- Installs all PlayStation 2 games from the CD/DVD drive.
- Installs all PlayStation 2 games remotely from a PC, via TCP/IP over a network.
- Installed games can be booted directly from the HDDOSD.
- Allows the user to manage games locally on the PlayStation 2 console itself.
- Allows the user to manage games remotely from a PC, via TCP/IPover a network.
- Network performance uses the latest ethernet modules from the PS2SDK, giving about 2MB/s.
- Allows the user to specify the savedata icon to use with the game.
- Supports games >4GB (HDLDump seems to have some difficulty with that).
Notes on network support:
- A memory card containing your IP address configuration should be inserted before the server is started up. The configuration file is stored in SYS-CONF/IPCONFIG.DAT, and is the same file that other homebrew software like PS2Link and HDLDump use. Please refer to the documentation of PS2Link for help with setting up this file.
- Compatible memory cards may cause the IP configuration to not be read properly if they are too slow. If you have problems getting the software to load the IP address configuration, please use a genuine Sony memory card.
- Please ensure that TCP port 45061 is allowed in your network.
- The icon preview is screwed up. I don't have the knowledge nor resources to commit towards fixing it up. Someone else will have to solve this, sorry.
- The UI isn't the nicest one, but it works.
- No Japanese input support on the PS2 installer's end.
- DVD9 games are supported from the PC client only, as the CDVDMAN module within the boot ROMs of all consoles does not support DVD9 layer 1.
- Not compatible with the APAEXT partitioning scheme. Do not use this software with a disk formatted with that scheme or anything above the 137GB mark will get destroyed.
- Sometimes, some characters will disappear from the screen. This has not been investigated, but it's probably related to the VRAM management function of the FreeType support code.
Changelog for v0.809
- Updated to install OPL v0.9.3.
- Updated to build with the latest PS2SDK revision and to have the fixes from it.
- Fixed layer break value calculation.
- Added support for reconnecting to resume an incomplete installation by the client.
- Changed game list reading to read the HDLoader game information directly with a devctl call, to work around the performance issues that the APA driver struggles with when dealing with a HDD containing many partitions.
As older versions of HDLGameInstaller had a bug that prevented dual-layer DVD (DVD-DL) games from being installed properly, please re-install your DVD-DL games with the updated installer.
For more information on supported languages, click here. A template for translating this software is provided in the downloads section of this page.
|Japanese||Partially translated. Unassigned.|
|English||Completed and built-in.|
|French||Translated by DaSA.|
|Spanish||Translated by ElPatas.|
|German||Translated by Delta_force.|
|Italian||Translated by master991.|
|Dutch||Translated by an anonymous person.|
|Portuguese||Translated by GillBert.|
What is HDLGManClient?
HDLGameInstaller allows the user to install and manage PlayStation 2 games. This can be done either with the PlayStation 2 console itself or remotely over the network with a PC.
HDLGManClient is the PC client that allows the user to connect to HDLGameInstaller, when it's left running on the user's PlayStation 2 console.
What is HDLGameUpdater?
The HDLOader game updater automatically updates the bootstrap program of all your HDLoader games (the program which makes these games bootable from the HDD OSD/browser updater v2.00, aka Mini OPL/Diskload).
This software will not automatically make games which are not already bootable, bootable.
The current version is meant to be used for updating your games to have the same bootstrap program as the one installed by latest version of HDLGameInstaller.
HDLGameInstaller v0.809: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1tr5zv0ygyjhn91/%5B151216%5DHDLGameInstaller-0809-bin.7z
HDLGameInstaller v0.809 (Source code): http://www.mediafire.com/download/s0r3pw13a2ct9sc/%5B151216%5DHDLGameInstaller.7z
Diskload/Mini OPL (source code): http://www.mediafire.com/download/semxvoje5h804se/%5B151216%5DDISKLOAD.7z
HDLGManClient for HDLGameInstaller v0.809+: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1gxlcyj337z5175/%5B151216%5DHDLGManClient-0809-bin.7z
HDLGManClient for HDLGameInstaller v0.809+ (source code): http://www.mediafire.com/download/5rbizmk945hyj2k/%5B151216%5DHDLGManClient.7z
Translation template for v0.801+: http://www.mediafire.com/download/x419443n0419vqy/%5B130712%5DHDLGameInstaller_-_translation_template.7z
HDLGameUpdater v0.801R for HDLGameInstaller v0.809+: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5fh2menzrrrh2ls/%5B151216%5DHDLGameUpdater-0809-bin.7z
HDLGameUpdater v0.801R for HDLGameInstaller v0.809+ (source code): http://www.mediafire.com/download/c9phh363afrtqav/%5B151216%5DHDLGameUpdater.7z
As usual, please do not hotlink to the file as the link/filename will change with every release.